May 28, 2011

The lady in pink..


Last month I took a picture of the cutest lady on a pink bike on 1st Avenue and 1st Street in Manhattan. After jumping off the sidewalk, and into the street, I kindly asked her if i could take a shot with my phone. The traffic light was turning green and she had to make a move, but said sure, and smiled for me anyway. (top photo) The moment happened so quickly, the single shot came out great and I knew I wanted to post it, but I never got her information and wasn't sure what to say really. I wanted to blog about it last week, but for some reason felt it was better to wait.

This evening, I strolled around Greenpoint in Brooklyn with my bike and my friend Paulo. I discovered my wait was for a reason. We came across the lovely lady as she was calmly standing in the middle of the street with her bike. She said she was just taking pictures of her favorite building, which happens to be the same building Paulo and I were admiring. I instantly noticed her 108 sticker and smiled and we talked some more. The conversation shifted to numerology and the magical multiple powers of the number 9. Details of the conversation surprised us both and we found ourselves weirded out by the coincidence of the number 99 and the same street name in 2 different neighborhoods. It left us in shock and we laughed as we parted ways. I finally got her information and this time, my blog entry is more complete. Her name is Sheryl Yvette, and her bright, wonderful energy inspired me greatly. Here is the second amazing shot I took of her last night. Isn't she just adorable?!!










No comments:

Post a Comment